Mark Levinson 326s vs BAT Rex Series 1 preamps

My system is a dedicated home theater / 2 channel digital & analog setup. Has anyone had experience with both preamps? Wilson Sasha based system and the left and right stereo is powered by a BAT 600se amp. I watch a lot of movies and like the idea of not burning 18 tubes in pass thru mode BUT what am I giving up sonically if I go to the 326s?

I own the Rex

Best Regards!!

billandsol

"That is what I thought. I have heard that the Bat Rex makes the Levinson stuff sound small and restricted. "

That's actually a really good way of putting it. There's nothing wrong with the Levinson. Its well made and sounds good, but sonically its very different than the BAT. Polite, smooth, refined, etc... The BAT creates a much broader and deeper soundstage, larger images, more detail, more dynamic contrast, etc... It all comes down to personal preference, but I can't see someone who bought a Rex and is happy with it, trade it for a 326. Its just too different. If you wanted to go SS and were considering an Ayre, or something similar, then that would make a lot more sense.

Does anyone have any thoughts how either of these preamps mate with the Krell FPB series of amps? (I own the FPB-250M monos.)
The BAT Rex 2 with a nice solid state Amp is a great combo and would work well with Krell, Levinson, Vitus, ect..  We have a Rex 2 demo Pre for sale and some other BAT pieces if interested, send me a pm. 
cakeaudio-

I have always wanted to demo B.A.T. gear- where are you located?
Does B.A.T. plan to keep the REX alive and in production w/ a REX 3 , 4...?