12 ft pair of thick speakers cables?? Can they be cut downt to a 6 ft pair??

I have a 12 foot pair of Harmonic Technology Pro-11 Plus speaker cables. Can they be cut down to a 6 ft pair and re-terminated with WBT banana jacks. The 12 foot pair is awkward and difficult to place, and WILL NOT stay put on "Porcelain  Cable Elevators"   

I  really like the cables and don't want to necessarily sell them  The "new"  Harmonic Technology company blew me off when I ask if they could do it??   Are there outside services companies that will do it for a reasonable price??. 

Thanks,  SJ

sunnyjim
It sounds like it would be a real pain to shorten them. 

I think that you should have only one isolator. If you put it up high, will you cables stay put? I have often done this with my Rightway Audio insolators, and always found one sounds much better than multiple isolators, just as Rightway said.

"Are there outside services companies that will do it for a reasonable price??. "

Try Acoustic Zen first, and if they can't call The Cable Company.

"Do banana plugs or spades seriously degrade sound quality of speaker cable??   Or, is that just an audiophile's "old wives tale" ??"

Just use contact cleaner every so often and you'll have no issues.

"The 12 foot pair is awkward and difficult to place, and WILL NOT stay put on "Porcelain  Cable Elevators"   "

You can use zip ties to hold them in place.

Good spades won't detract from sound quality, and over time might even oxidize less than bare wire. Grover will certainly be able to provide you with good spades. He is one good dude! Cheers,
Spencer
 I read on Mapleshade Audio list of audio tweaks that speaker cables should be 10 feet or longer. The 10 foot plus cable supposedly sounds way better than cable less than 10 feet.  You can go to the Mapleshade audio website for more information.