recommendations of phono preamps < $3000 range

Been obsessing over trying to select a new phono pre .... could use some insights / experience  etc. and then some dealers to contact.

At this point I think I have the list down to either a Sutherland 20/20 or the Parasound JC3+.... was looking hard at the Whest 30RDT SE but it seems to be a little out of my price range and none on the used market. 

I am currently using a well modified Jolida JD9, and have rolled quite a few tubes through it.  

I want a phono pre that is more detailed / articulate, images better... don't care if it is tube or electronic.
Thanks for your thoughts and opinions    Jim
jimpittsburgh
I would go with the Sutherland. Cable Company is a dealer. I'm sure they can send you a demo.
What cartridge(s) are you planning on using with it? Gain and loading options are an important part of your decision. If you want an extremely low output cartridge, then you will need more gain or to add a step up transformer (aka SUT). If you have a cartridge that requires 500ohms loading and your phono stage is fixed at 100ohms you'll be disappointed with the sound quality.