WHAT'S UP WITH MARANTZ?

Just discovered that Marantz only offers black colored equipment in the US. (North America)
What happened to the classic champagne color?

Was going to buy the new reference 10 SACD player.   For apx $7K you would think that they would offer more options than black!

No sale.
honeybee2012
Yeah, I have the same beef when MFG ' S only offer sliver. Like you,  no sale....but I did have to make one exception. 
Just joking about anti Americanism. Understand that companies do market research and go with the highest profit model.  Not a big fan of black -  some people like red cars, some don't - no big deal.

You would think, however, that when you get to a certain price level there would be more options.
Yeah, I have the same beef when MFG ’ S only offer sliver. Like you, no sale....but I did have to make one exception.

+1 Tim. I also made one exception, Pass Labs amps.

Speaking of cars honeybee2012, I agree. It seems that 90% of the cars on the road today are white/black/silver. Where have all the options gone?

Back to audio, Golden Ear speakers are ONLY available in black. I think that is the first I have ever heard of speakers only available in one finish.

I understand that it’s all about streamlining and cutting costs, but I don’t understand why a more expensive option finish cannot be a choice. If someone is willing to pay for a premium finish, why wouldn’t a manufacturer comply?
@jmcgrogan2 .

Agree 100%.    In the US at least, I have seen overhead photos of freeways/parking lots with 80% of the cars in white or silver.  

I agree that different finishes/chassis colors should be made available when practical.  When buying upscale components such as the Marantz Reference series, the classic champagne gold should be available.  I would opt for that distinctive finish if investing in components of that pedigree.  I emailed Marantz about this issue last night and look forward to their response.

In the Home Theater Review of the Golden Ear Reference, the issue of the "only black" finish is addressed.  Again, if you're going to invest over $8000 in a pair of speakers, you might desire a menu of finish options be available to allow a distinctiveness of appearance in your listening space.  Perhaps Golden Ear will reconsider, realizing they are entering a more elite area of the marketplace.  

Here's hoping both companies will reassess their position.