12 ft pair of thick speakers cables?? Can they be cut downt to a 6 ft pair??

I have a 12 foot pair of Harmonic Technology Pro-11 Plus speaker cables. Can they be cut down to a 6 ft pair and re-terminated with WBT banana jacks. The 12 foot pair is awkward and difficult to place, and WILL NOT stay put on "Porcelain  Cable Elevators"   

I  really like the cables and don't want to necessarily sell them  The "new"  Harmonic Technology company blew me off when I ask if they could do it??   Are there outside services companies that will do it for a reasonable price??. 

Thanks,  SJ

sunnyjim
A zillion conductors with individual dielectric,  so it would be PITA, and you would lose most of their resale value.
Just a bunch of individual wires soldered together at each end to make two speaker wires from many. Anyone can do it with a few parts from RadioShack - heat shrink tubing, wire strippers and cutters, and a soldering iron.
Agree with Douglas, PITA, once cut a total of 38 individually insulated wires to deal with. Labor intensive being careful so everything is neat and looks good. Won't be reasonably priced.
connect some lamp wire and get friends to help you do a blind listening test

then, sell them (greater fool theory)

bluejeans cable IIRC, will let you try different cables and return (tho it is a tiime consuming way to re-invent the tone control)