Optimal Vandersteen 2Wq settings

I have a pair of 2Wq subs I am trying before I buy (chances are more than good that I will).
I have trawled posts here and elsewhere and would appreciate some help.

NB- my evaluation is somewhat flawed as my Cary DAC is in for repairs and I am using a USB DAC similar to an older Audioquest Dragonfly (Prodigy D2A which never made it to market). Less gain, sound a little recessed and flat and harsh on the tops for my liking. The implementation does give it more body than I recall it ever having and I can definitely hear my Eminent Technology LFT8b speakers singing more freely, with more gain.

Still fiddling with dip switches and not sure if 50k or 33k works best (with polarity reversed).
Q is at its lowest, db about the same as my speakers (84).
Not sure what changes to these settings do.
My Hypex Ncore amps have a DM input impedance of 104kohms.
Preamp is a Modwright LS100.

A shortcoming of the LFT8’s is some thinness or lack of body. i would like to know if anyone can advise a setting that may remedy this (without buying speakers or using Jriver's DSP).
128x128adiebear
If you decide that 100kohms sounds best, let me know as I have a pair of 100kohms  X-2 crossovers.

Make sure before you call RV you read the owners manual
 and understand it,
 The temporary assessment box when adjusted should only be judged for the bass.
 Once you have the bass correct you order the X2 in that range
 and your whole system after 96 hours of run in will be much better
 The premium Battery biased X5s are even more transparent which in the grand scheme of what you have invested is highly advised.
   If this fails keep the 2WQs and get a pair of Vandersteen 3A Sigs
  For a Pink Floyd wow WTF happened moment.
      JohnnyR
Thanks all. I promise I have read and understood the manual.As I said I will reassess when I have my Cary DAC back (the Pink Floyd WTF happened moment was cos of the usb DAC and uber harsh upper frequency glare)
Hifiman- 50K is what I need.
JohhnyR, I read through your post with the Ken Kessler interview. Nice
I will also chat to my Vandy dealer, who is selling the subs. He used them in one of his systems.
I bought my LFT8's from him as well and I think there are some used Treos and Model 5s in his shop. Hmmm.... trade-in???
I've not heard either, only the 1C (meh), 2 Ce (very nice but I prefer the LFTs to those and Vivid 1.5s) and Model 7 (yes please!).

Off topic but, if I was ever to spend oodles on speakers, the Vivid Audio range is locally made and a relative snip (no middlemen, no duties)  and I know Philip, who lives close by, will give me a great deal. Not sure about the looks but I do not buy based on looks.

I'm not calling RV anytime soon. I have enough advice from here, his website and, of course, Audio Perfectionist.
JohnnyR- "detuned" my tweeters, so some relief there :)
I've not heard a lot of affordable subs (I do not consider Gryphon Pendragon or Acoustic Avantgarde affordable) and have been using an old REL and B&W ASW700, so these are a considerable upgrade.
I imagine they could be clearer still so best I start saving and scouring used sales since all in the know say the M5- HP is worth it.
I may get some fixed value crossovers made up in the meantime as a temporary solution.