Optimal Vandersteen 2Wq settings

I have a pair of 2Wq subs I am trying before I buy (chances are more than good that I will).
I have trawled posts here and elsewhere and would appreciate some help.

NB- my evaluation is somewhat flawed as my Cary DAC is in for repairs and I am using a USB DAC similar to an older Audioquest Dragonfly (Prodigy D2A which never made it to market). Less gain, sound a little recessed and flat and harsh on the tops for my liking. The implementation does give it more body than I recall it ever having and I can definitely hear my Eminent Technology LFT8b speakers singing more freely, with more gain.

Still fiddling with dip switches and not sure if 50k or 33k works best (with polarity reversed).
Q is at its lowest, db about the same as my speakers (84).
Not sure what changes to these settings do.
My Hypex Ncore amps have a DM input impedance of 104kohms.
Preamp is a Modwright LS100.

A shortcoming of the LFT8’s is some thinness or lack of body. i would like to know if anyone can advise a setting that may remedy this (without buying speakers or using Jriver's DSP).
128x128adiebear
Any decent acoustic bass recording playing scales so you can get the transition volume levels to match will work.
Richard recommends Ray Brown - Soular Energy - I agree and use that - and IMO also dang fine music.
As for Q I would encourage some experimentation.
Also while you do not have adjustable EQ you should download Vandertones test tones and get a Radio Shack analog SPL meter ( eBay) so you know what the room is going - Q and careful placement with data will help you get stellar sound.
jim

Thanks Jim. I listened to the Soular Energy album earlier. DAC aside, it sounded excellent.
My tweeters are adjustable so may lower the setting to spare my ears. Pink Floyd, More, was a nails on blackboard affair. Reminded me of a couple of Rotel systems hehe.
Oh, I’m way past the should I or shouldn’t I buy stage by the way.
I’ll check out the Vandertones and plan to use REW at some stage. I haven’t before but had a TacT unit previously. Anything is easier than that :)
First prize would be getting a friend with acoustic design nouse to do that for me. 
Perfect
hope your ears survive till the DAC gets back home
would be cool if you do in future post the low frequency curves you get - I think more people can benefit if they take these simple steps to aid setup, placement, etc

Adiebear, if you can't afford the M5-HP, then you should get the fixed crossovers from Vandersteen. I think they are only $100-200. They will give you better sound. The supplied crossovers are only meant as a temporary solution.
Vandersteen recommends trying impedance settings 1 up or down from the rated Kohm resistance of your amp to see what sounds best.
I believe the db setting is set to match your speakers efficiency-according to the manual.
If you decide that 100kohms sounds best, let me know as I have a pair of 100kohms  X-2 crossovers.