Optimal Vandersteen 2Wq settings

I have a pair of 2Wq subs I am trying before I buy (chances are more than good that I will).
I have trawled posts here and elsewhere and would appreciate some help.

NB- my evaluation is somewhat flawed as my Cary DAC is in for repairs and I am using a USB DAC similar to an older Audioquest Dragonfly (Prodigy D2A which never made it to market). Less gain, sound a little recessed and flat and harsh on the tops for my liking. The implementation does give it more body than I recall it ever having and I can definitely hear my Eminent Technology LFT8b speakers singing more freely, with more gain.

Still fiddling with dip switches and not sure if 50k or 33k works best (with polarity reversed).
Q is at its lowest, db about the same as my speakers (84).
Not sure what changes to these settings do.
My Hypex Ncore amps have a DM input impedance of 104kohms.
Preamp is a Modwright LS100.

A shortcoming of the LFT8’s is some thinness or lack of body. i would like to know if anyone can advise a setting that may remedy this (without buying speakers or using Jriver's DSP).
128x128adiebear
Yes to both questions, though the ms-hp crossover is way beyond my non-existent budget. 
I am using a pair of 2wq subs. with my Vandersteen Treo CT speakers.  With an amplifier impedance of 104kohms, you should set the crossover dip switches to 50kohms.  The 2wq manual says to set your crossover one setting BELOW the actual amp impedance.

As far as the "Q" setting, I too have mine set at "1' for the tightest bass response as the 8 inch woofers in my Treo CT are very tight in their response.  For the db setting I started with the efficiency of my main speakers and then adjusted slightly one way or the other by listening.  I found listening to a good recording with a stand up acoustic bass to be helpful with this.  I used Ron Carter CDs to help me with that.

I hope this info. is helpful.  Please feel free to ask more questions you may have.

My local VANDY dealer --in his opinion and experience -- STRONGLY urges the insertion of the accessory OEM  upgraded X-2 or X-2B  inline fixed crossover for a proper 2-channel audio setup with these high-end subwoofers 

i  have the " V2w" home theatre version used exclusively for multichannel AV only, and because it has an LFE direct output, I cannot personally comment further on his 2-channel direct hook-up setup as you require. 

FWIW .....
Thanks for the responses. I may have come across as a bit dim (and probably am) but made a typo.
hifiman5- I do have it at 50, I do know what the Q does (and means).
I wasn’t sure what changing the db setting would do, but will experiment.
As I said my DAC is away (and the usb board heading from South Africa to the States and back so could take a while, but I hope to use it with another input in the meantime).
I’ll have a better idea when it’s back in my system and then will get fixed value crossovers.

Any decent acoustic bass recording playing scales so you can get the transition volume levels to match will work.
Richard recommends Ray Brown - Soular Energy - I agree and use that - and IMO also dang fine music.
As for Q I would encourage some experimentation.
Also while you do not have adjustable EQ you should download Vandertones test tones and get a Radio Shack analog SPL meter ( eBay) so you know what the room is going - Q and careful placement with data will help you get stellar sound.
jim