Where is the optimal place to have an interface between two different metals?

hey-o!

it is pretty well established scientifically as well as anecdotally that at an interface of two different conductors composed of two different metals, distortion of a signal occurs.  this leads many to choose receptacles and power plugs (as well as IEC inlets and connectors)  made from the same metal.

my question is this: where is the best place to have the interface between different metals in order to reduce distortion?  there obviously needs to be some type of interface since in-wall wiring is copper and internal component wiring is often copper as well. so where does it make the most difference? is it in the receptacle/plug interface where everyone who cares about this focuses their attention? or do they focus their attention here because any of the other interfaces are too much of a pain in the ass to change?  what about the power cable itself?  i see lots of people who like rhodium plated recept/plug combos, but i've never seen any mention of rhodium plated cable.. so there's an interface between two different metals where the connectors join to the cables...

i truly am curious and would love your thoughts and discoveries on the matter.
128x128toddverrone
re soldered connections

ARC used to have a big soldering machine, but they sold it after listening tests indicated that hand soldering gave them better sound

go figure...

re Where does it matter most? - likely everything matters more in the signal chain not the AC line supply - don't forget they have transformers in them which will eliminate or reduce noise

What matters most is the speakers tho not the pre-amps, etc.
I don't use connectors for the most part. I direct solder my power cords, ICs, and use no connectors on my speaker cables. I don't use binding posts on my amps and use a Teflon or woiden posts  to clamp the output wires of my amp to bare speaker wire. 

All connectors degrade sound no matter how good the connector. I don't like the sound of silver plated copper based on listening tests, but can see why others may. 

I have not not gone so far as to hardwire my gear to the romex in my house. That my be a little extreme🤔
@grannyring what is it about the sound of silver plated copper that you don't like?  I'm curious, as I've pretty much switched completely to silver plated copper connectors and love it.  
So, to make myself feel right, I need to try and destroy all of your reasoning for not liking what I do.  Oh, wait, no that's not right at all.  I'm actually just straight up curious. ;-)

Well I developed tinnitus listening to silver coated wire and my doctor told me pure copper only😊

Just a personal bias and you can stick with your wire. I just found it a tad tilted up in the upper mids and I am very sensitive to that. But, not all silver coated wire sounds the same and I bet another brand may sound just great.