Where is the optimal place to have an interface between two different metals?

hey-o!

it is pretty well established scientifically as well as anecdotally that at an interface of two different conductors composed of two different metals, distortion of a signal occurs.  this leads many to choose receptacles and power plugs (as well as IEC inlets and connectors)  made from the same metal.

my question is this: where is the best place to have the interface between different metals in order to reduce distortion?  there obviously needs to be some type of interface since in-wall wiring is copper and internal component wiring is often copper as well. so where does it make the most difference? is it in the receptacle/plug interface where everyone who cares about this focuses their attention? or do they focus their attention here because any of the other interfaces are too much of a pain in the ass to change?  what about the power cable itself?  i see lots of people who like rhodium plated recept/plug combos, but i've never seen any mention of rhodium plated cable.. so there's an interface between two different metals where the connectors join to the cables...

i truly am curious and would love your thoughts and discoveries on the matter.
128x128toddverrone
What got me thinking about it was a agon discussion I was reading where it was suggested that the receptacle and plug metals should be of the same metals.. Various other posts have suggested something similar, without everyone agreeing, of course. 

The main research I've seen on this was done by the military a while back, where it was shown to cause distortion of a measurable degree relative to other factors. I'll try to find some links to the research...

I'm definitely not saying that there aren't other things that screw up a signal, but this particular 'issue' is what is currently piquing my interest. 

Also, I'm not sure AC power should be considered a signal.. Though, from what I understand, distortion in its waveform is to be avoided..
Maybe I missed this, but people have had their gear welded directly to the wall receptacle copper to copper for years. Try a search of the forums.
The answer is no interface.I am trying to go copper to copper. .
@mechans yes! That's a great idea. Forget welding, let's just have our entire electrical systems cast out of copper, all electronics included. Then we can add everything else afterwards, like resistors, capacitors, diodes.. And we'll never have to worry about upgrading because you can't! Unless you buy a different house...
Power cable has two conductors hence two junctions generating voltages in opposite directions that cancel each other.  Even with small DC voltage there would be no distortion, not to mention that there is always small amount of DC on AC lines.
Post removed