Speaker choice advise requested...

Greetings all. This is a quasi-follow up to an earlier discussion. I currently have Magnepan .7's which I do like however room configuration is probably restricting their true performance to about 75%. So, I have been toying with the idea of a speaker change. My primary music tastes is electric blues with a dose of classic rock (Aerosmith, Tull etc.) and a smattering of country, old swing and guitar jazz. So, I have put together a short list of possibilities from internet research. They are: Tektron Lore, Klipsch Heresy III, and Tannoy 6XT(?) may have goofed that model #....Ok, let 'er rip!

128x128beernut
Thank you 213runnin. I've pretty much admitted I'm trying to fit a square peg in a round hole but try I did. Now, if I decide to make a change, what is the best choice?
I'm afraid I can't answer that for you since I can't sit in your room with both Tannoys and Klipsch speakers, and I also don't have your preferences(I assume).  It's tough buying without demoing first, though I've done plenty of that myself.  My Tannoy floor standers were a blind buy, but I knew the Tannoy house sound.

I've never owned Klipsch, though I have had 4 pairs of Tannoys and still own two pairs.  My reading is that for those who find fault with Klipsch, they find them too harsh or bright sounding.  Also, with efficiency ratings of 95+ db, you'd never use most of what your amp can do.  My vote is for the Tannoys.  They really excel at music reproduction and imaging.  

@beernut You are fortunate that JohnnyR, one of the most experienced and well respected dealers in the business, has offered you gear specific advice based on his actual experience with that gear. Report back after trying the resistors and certainly don't waste your brainwaves pondering about Klipsch & Tannoy while you are trying it. Cheers,
Spencer
Greetings all. This is a quasi-follow up to an earlier discussion. I currently have Magnepan .7's which I do like however room configuration is probably restricting their true performance to about 75%. So, I have been toying with the idea of a speaker change. My primary music tastes is electric blues with a dose of classic rock (Aerosmith, Tull etc.) and a smattering of country, old swing and guitar jazz. So, I have put together a short list of possibilities from internet research. They are: Tektron Lore, Klipsch Heresy III, and Tannoy 6XT(?) may have goofed that model #....Ok, let 'er rip!
213- the OP didn't list his equipment in the initial post. At least I see no mention of it. Hence, our query.

I concur with sbank, Johnny is the best and is doing this for free. If he claims the resistors will have an effect, I would believe it.
B