amperex 6922 pq white label tubes

I am somewhat new to tubes so I apologize if this is a dumb question.  I am looking to get some amperex pq white label tubes but the prices are confusing.  There are matched pairs on ebay for 129.00 but there is also a guy on audio asylum selling matched pairs for 235.00.  They are both made in the usa.  Are these the same tubes and the audio asylum guy is just overpriced.  I am not sure about buying on ebay is why I am asking.  thanks
kedoades
  Thanks everyone who has responded.  Lots of good information for me to process.  I like the upscale audio site.  I didn't know that all these tubes are interchangeable and now I am leaning towards the 7308 tubes that frogman pointed out.  You guys have made it a little easier to grasp all this and I am looking foward to some tube rolling now,  thanks again

"I am leaning towards the 7308 tubes that frogman pointed out"

Excellent choice, a few years ago I tried at least 10-15 different varieties of 6922’s in a component and that 7308 in addition to one other tube were my favorites. The other one is in the list here, under Siemens, scrolling down, the 2nd E88CC/6922. Writeup states, "Some are RCA labeled."

http://www.audiotubes.com/6dj8.htm

Just a matter of personal preference, I did land my plane with the Siemens, but I would have been happy with either one.

My current favorite is the late 1950s "Made in Holland" Amperex E188CC (European 7308) with D-foil getter. Really outstanding but they are pricey.
Last pair I bought from Brent Jesse, another excellent source who extensively tests his tubes.

The earlier "Made in Holland" E88CC (European 6922) with large halo getters are also excellent although some folks prefer the "Made In USA" Amperex 6922 and 7308 tubes. IMO: If tested thoroughly and bought from a reputable dealer you can’t go wrong with any of them.

BTW: There are some good tube dealers on ebay but how do you figure out who they are?

Kedoades, The 7308 and 6922 are a little different than most tubes in that they are members of the 6dj8 family, which consists of the 6dj8, 6922 and 7308. These tubes have different specs but are generally interchangeable.

Other tubes like the 12AX7 and 12AU7 are not interchangeable, although there are variations on these tubes, such as the 7025 for the 12AX7 that are. Brent Jessee’s site goes through all the variations of tubes that are compatible with tubes like the 12AX7 or 12AU7 in the sections devoted to those tubes.