Dust Off compressed air to get dust off of vinyl records

I have a decent record cleaner but wanted to see if anyone ever uses the dust off type compressed air canisters to deal with dust instead of a record brush (when not doing full clean between playings).  Any downsides to using dust off ? I have a number off diff brushes but sometimes I think they add static and/or don't get all the dust (sometimes I think they might add a bit of crackly sound to relatively clean records - i also might be crazy 🤓)
Ag insider logo xs@2xdangelod
You're right about the brushes adding static.  I use a brush and a Milty Zero Dust.  I turn on the platter with brush on the record while cycling the Milty a few times. I point away from the cart at about a 45 degree angle. Works pretty good. 
Use a brush with bristles and a velvet pad.  Damp the pad before use.  No static.
+ 1 for what rotarius wrote. I’ve occasionally tried to use Dust Off but sometimes something (condensation?) puts some liquid on the record. Doesn’t seem like a good idea.

A brush definitely works if dampened but must take care not to over wet it and thereby the record right before playing. To moisten very lightly a Hunt brush, I use an empty eye glass cleaner bottle from the eye doc’s office. Rinse it thoroughly and refill with a mix of distilled water and small amount of straight isopropyl alcohol (not rubbing alcohol). Spray that up in the air and hold the brush under the little cloud of mist it makes. Picks up dust without putting excessive liquid on the record.
Compressed Air will add static as well, reason we always ground any electronics before cleaning at work.