Speaker choice advise requested...

Greetings all. This is a quasi-follow up to an earlier discussion. I currently have Magnepan .7's which I do like however room configuration is probably restricting their true performance to about 75%. So, I have been toying with the idea of a speaker change. My primary music tastes is electric blues with a dose of classic rock (Aerosmith, Tull etc.) and a smattering of country, old swing and guitar jazz. So, I have put together a short list of possibilities from internet research. They are: Tektron Lore, Klipsch Heresy III, and Tannoy 6XT(?) may have goofed that model #....Ok, let 'er rip!

128x128beernut
First off, gear between speakers will hurt the imaging of any system especially in a small space. Maggies will do better away from the wall, but so will most dynamic speakers and all the ones you list. You might want to search for speakers that are designed to be close to the wall. The one everyone seems to rave about lately are Larsen, which I haven't heard at all. Harbeths and Audio Note are a couple that are often setup near corners in small rooms, but usually with tube gear. One brand that used to be quite popular and was designed for against the wall is NHT. Corey Greenberg used them as his reference for a while and his musical tastes run towards yours. Probably affordable used if you like that idea.
I like the Vandersteen recommendation and think that they can deal with being close to the wall and still sound coherent and really rock. They really benefit from Sound Anchor or similar. Cheers,
Spencer 
Excellent input all, thanks. Actually, I have my .7's far enough out into the room, the issue is having to have the tv/entertainment center in between. From what I've read/heard a more conventional direct firing cone speaker might be the better choice. Sadly, I really can't audition much where I live so i rely on advise and reviews...

I still am of the opinion that other parts of your setup are not allowing the speakers to do what they should. Is there a reason why you won't reveal the source, amp and preamp?
I don't mean to be pushy, but speakers are dependent upon the signals given to them. An inaccurate signal will be propagated by the other components and make any speaker sound less than what it could reproduce.
if UPS delivers where you live, there will be some speakers you can audition

but yes tell us what electronics you have

also, what does it sound like if you move the stereo cabinet?
(((I have a nice Wyred Integrated(plenty of current))))

Is it dead sounding?
Can you try a Bryston or another conventional alive amp
 and are the 1.2 ohm resistors installed ?