Amplifier Enclosure Resonance

If I tap the top/side cover on my Audio Research Reference 75 SE amp, it has quite a tinny ring to it. I'm thinking that can't be best for the sound. Does anyone know of a product that I could place on top to control that resonance? It would have to be three inches or under, wide, and somewhat heat resistant.
imgoodwithtools
I used 2 Walker resonance control discs on the unperforated strip down the center of my Ref 150. It damped the vibrations exactly as ordered.
Last year, I elevated the amps well off of the floor and removed the top enclosure to get better ventilation. But if the top must stay on--I highly recommend the discs which fit well and work well. 
Did your amp sound better with the cover removed, compared to cover on, Walker devices on?
By three inches "wide", do you mean thick or high? If so, look for a VPI db-5 Magic Brick, whose dimensions are about 2" H x 4" W x 5" L and 8 lbs. It damps physical vibrations and absorbs EMI/RFI. Echo Audio in Portland Oregon has one for sale on their website, no price listed. Should be around $50.