Should I consider the newer Audio Research pre & power amps, when I play records not CD's

I worked in and owned upper end audio stores back in the 1970's. (McIntosh B&O Magnepan, etc) I have been pretty much out of audio for the past 30 years. In my old age, I want to play the records I have saved (many MFSL & Japanese virgin vinyl) I kept my B&O linear 4002 W/mmc20CL cart. and it still works and I have newer B&W 804 speakers. I am going to get a new table of better quality. I have always wanted an Audio Research tube amp and Preamp. I am considering the LS 26 or LS17SE Preamp and older D90/115 or newer VS 115 or the Ref 75SE. I am in my 60's and my hearing is not as good as it was, plus I am lost with all the digital technology. (just started using a smart phone) I just wanted to get opinions spending $4000 on older ARC or bite the bullet and spend in the $7000 up. Is it worth spending the money for the new equipment when I am only playing records. 
128x128juke4u
You might look up various amps and gear on stereophile.com.  I've found their reviews to be really good.  They usually include some serious testing reports as well.  I always thought ARC was great gear, but I went for McIntosh instead.  For a digital music server, I recently bought a Bluesound Vault II.  It will digest your CDs into its hard drive and you can control it via an app on your tablet or smartphone.  It connects to your stereo amp, or preamp, over RCA, or digital coax, or fiber optic.  I have mine connected to my McIntosh C47 preamp via digital coax.  Amp is MC402 hooked to Wilson Sophias.  It's a great setup.
I am trying to get rid of, at least part of the rope. When I started my quest to play records again, I was not aware of the advances that had been made in digital music. I can remember the first time I compared a CD (2 by oversampling) to a record, it was like listening to AM radio. My experience now is only with an ipad using Bluetooth thru the system in my shop. I did dive into learning more about digital music and with the help of Lostbears started to understand the ins and outs of playing digital music. A streamer is on the have to have list, after reading everything regarding them. I still very much want to play records and well aware of keeping them in good condition. I have over 500 LP's and all are in rice paper sleeves, cleaned before and after use, and I take the static out before and after. Compared to Digital it is a pain. That being said, It is going to hard to beat listening to Pink Floyd, Dark Side, on MFSL UHQR, a glass of wine or Grand Mariner, except I have to get up and turn it over. Then after it is played, clean it and put it away and get out the album I want to hear next. I can see how it would be easy to get spoiled sitting in your listening chair with an Ipad to select what you want to hear. Not to mention a favorites list.

I try to take the time to research each of the systems you'll have, mainly to educate myself. With most of the new stuff (mainly Digital) I have much to learn. 

Thank you for all the options. Any experience with Aurendar or Lumin streamers?
We sold McIntosh at the store years ago. I actually went to the factory In NY. Showed us around for 2 days. What I remember the most is they took us all out to dinner and ordered for us. Out comes a piece of Prime Rib so big I though they were going to carve it. But noooo!!!!! I find out later it was called the McIntosh cut at the restaurant. I wounder if they still do that?  
I can't say I am converted but the older I get some things are just easier. I was so thankful the preamps had a remote. Learning about digital DAC and Streamers is very confusing, but I will figure it out. "I hope"