Avid Acutus Record Clamp leaving marked "ring" on record label

I recently purchased an Avid Acutus SP and the record clamp is marking my record labels with a "ring" from the clamping down to flatten the record to the resin platter.  Are there any Acutus owners out there that have had this similar problem and how can it be fixed ?  I don't like that the labels are actually being damaged and leaving a ring because of the clamps force directly into the label.  Any help or feedback, or experiences would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks !!
elton1
My friends Acutus TT does not leave a mark.  He is very fastidious about his records and I'm sure his labels are pristine.  Is the mark a dent or a trace of a residue?  Either there is something on the clamp's face or you are tightening it too tight.
It's an actually indentation.  Can't necessarily feel it but you can see it.  Does your friend have the Acutus ?  The acutus clamp is different than the clamp for all the other tables, but not sure that even matters.   I may be tightening too much , but Avid did say that over time the label would be marked by the clamp and to try using a piece of thin paper as a cover .
I have a VPI clamp. I hold the bottom section of the clamp still while tightening so it doesn’t scrape the label and tighten just until the platter starts to spin. It works well - no damage or indents and it flattens the records as well as they can be.
I know this post is old, but I thought I'd add to it anyway, in case it helps anyone else. I emailed Conrad Mas directly about this issue. He said to use a thin piece of felt, cut to fit the Acutus clamp (looks like a donut). I have been using this tweak for years. It doesn't negatively affect the sound and leaves no marks on the label. You can clamp the record down as tight as you want.