Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
I almost bought a pair of CS2.3 but the owner doesn't have the original boxes therefore I'm leary to have them shipped in a different boxes. If I don't like them it's tough to sell without original their original boxes. Did you have a chance to audition 2.3 before buying your 2.4? What's the differences between the two do you know? thx.
I drive from NY to Boston to pick up my first pair of 3.5's for $850,  my second and current pair of 3.5's found me in deep New Jersey, but at $350 who am I to kvetch?

For my next upgrade into Thiel I will allocate a 5 hour trip, 10 both ways. 

They're worth it. Don't want nuthin' to happen to 'em when and if such an opportunity arises. 

PS:  I spoke with Rob at Thiel this afternoon regarding the suggestion made by unsound to modify my 3.5's equalizers - I have two - into balanced mono units.  While I'm still keen on going there eventually I'm putting the project on the back burner for now. 

I hasten to add that he is an absolute gentleman and it's very reassuring that those of us here can continue to have our legacy Thiels serviced. 
This serves only to make our purchases of them an even better investment - which they are. 

My speakers are smiling at me...

Good to see you audiomax-

the major difference between the CS 2.3 and CS 2.4, in that, a new oval Bass radiator was introduced on the CS 2.4.

I never thought that a "passive" radiator could add so  much depth to a speaker- well it does !!!