Dumb question #643: should speaker cables last a lifetime?

This assumes I take proper care, normal non extreme environment, etc. and the cables are high quality (shielding, etc). Will cables corrode internally on their own over time or should they last a lifetime?
aberyclark
Yes, they will last.....unless you start reading audio forums :-)

All sorts of entertaining posts on the various audio forums. Sometimes I have to look twice at some of the snake oil that comes across. 
The wires will last unless you cut them or run over them with the vacuum.  Whoever said you need to replace them every six months doesn't know what they are talking about, just like the president elect.
The Zu are well made cables and should be good for many years.
A lifetime (now about 80 years) might be pushing it. Heck, by the time that happens we probably will have speaker implants in our heads.
@stereo5  shadorne has been posting here an awfully long time I am certain his post was tongue in cheek.
"@stereo5 shadorne has been posting here an awfully long time I am certain his post was tongue in cheek." I see that now he has something like 5K+ posts. In that case, I stand corrected. I’m was reading it on my iPhone and it didn’t show the number of posts. My apologies to shadorne. It did sound awful fishy, lol.