Tom Petty Box Sets

Got the two new Tom Petty Box Sets and was wondering if anyone else out there has them and what you think of them.  I've been playing them for a couple of days and have to say being a Tom Petty fan it's great to have all these albums on 180 gram and thou the price for both Sets comes in at close to $500 you get 16 albums which comes to around $31 a LP. The albums sound great viny is quite, not as "Hot" as the Stones Mono set. If your a Tom Petty fan and can afford it this is a must have. 
128x128lenmc2964
bradf,

Wasn't "You're Gonna Get It" originally released on Shelter? as well?

I've been about to hit the "buy" button several times!

lenmc2964:

I think it would be great if you, as a fan, could expand more on the SQ compared to your own copies.

Popmarket has often offered these sets @ $219.00 each.

I think as a solid member here, you should give us your impressions. To do no less, is a lack of consideration..

It seems after you actually now own them, you are unwilling to offer any further information? Why?

I'm open...

I played my copy of "Damn The Torpedoes" the other day. This is the BG/ re-mastered/ORG copy pressed @ Pallas.

I'll leave my impressions to myself, lenmc2964

I have Ryan Ulate remastered Damn the Torpedoes in Hi-res digital and I think it is pretty good. 
@slaw 
Yes, I don't have this LP, but the original US pressing in 1978 was on Shelter, ABC, DA-52029. I'm still researching info on both box sets, volume 1 and volume 2. If and when I get some info regarding mastering, etc, I will post it. The info found so far for volume 1, doesn't state the source; volume 2 (all but Mojo and Hypnotic Eye) seems to be remastered from original analogue tapes by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Studios. It also appears that the new Geffen remasters are sold in box sets only.   

Didn't mean to make anyone mad with this post just wanted to know if anyone else had these and what they thought of them. I've listen to all of box 1 and the first 4 of the second box.  And as I said all the LP's are very flat no wrap at all the covers are bright glossy and have all the original inserts. Sound Stage Direct say's the first three have been Remastered since 2010. All of the LP's are very quite very little if any surface noise. The only album I've compared to these to an original is Damn The Torpedoes and the 180 gram Lp has richer fuller bass. The vocals are clean and up front. The originals are on Leon Russell's Shelter label Vol. 1 is on   Reprise Records. Most of these are long out of print and hard to find. I just checked on ebay and a sealed copy of Wildflowers is going for $400.00. What can I say It's Top Petty on 180 gram vinyl. I also have the new Stones Mono set and these are just as good if not better. There was no book in either set giving details of the recordings. Vol. 2   contains seven albums on twelve pieces of vinyl. - Includes Wildflowers (2-LP); She's The One (1-LP); Echo (2-LP; three sides of music plus laser art etching on side four); The Last DJ (2-LP; three sides of music plus laser art etching on side four); Highway Companion (2-LP); Mojo (2-LP); and Hypnotic Eye (1-LP).  The following titles have been re-mastered for this release: Wildflowers, Echo, The Last DJ, She's the One, and Highway Companion. Mojo and Hypnotic Eye. I play my music very loud between 12 and 1 o'clock on the vol knob. The sound great very clean and crisp at max volume. I still say if your a Tom Petty fan you'll want these and not be disappointed.