Who thinks $5K speaker cable really better than generic 14AWG cable?

I recently ordered high end speaker, power amp, and preamp to be installed in couple more weeks. So the next search are interconnect and speaker cable. After challenging the dealer and 3 of my so called audiophile friends, I think the only reason I would buy expensive cable is for its appearance to match with the high end gears but not for sound performance. I personally found out that $5K cable vs $10 cable are no difference, at least not to our ears. Prior to this, I was totally believe that cable makes a difference but not after this and reading few articles online.

Here is how I found out.

After the purchase of my system, I went to another dealer to ask for cable opinion (because the original dealer doesn't carry the brand I want) and once I told him my gears, he suggested me the high end expensive cable ranging from $5 - 10K pair, depending on length. He also suggested the minimum length must be 8-12ft. If longer than 12ft, I should upgrade to even more expensive series. So I challenged him that if he can show me the difference, I would purchase all 7 AQ Redwood cables from him.

It's a blind test and I would connect 3 different cables - 1 is the Audioquest Redwood, 1 is Cardas Audio Clear, and 1 my own generic 14AWG about 7ft. Same gears, same source, same song..... he started saying the first cable sound much better, wide, deep, bla...bla...bla......and second is decently good...bla...bla...bla.. and the last one sounded crappy and bla...bla...bla... BUT THE REALITY, I NEVER CHANGED THE CABLE, its the same 14AWG cable. I didn't disclosed and move on to second test. I told him I connected audioquest redwood but actually 14AWG and he started to praise the sound quality and next one I am connected the 14awg but actually is Redwood and he started to give negative comment. WOW!!!! Just blew me right off.

I did the same test with 3 of my audiophile friends and they all have difference inputs but no one really got it right. Especially the part where I use same generic 14awg cable and they all start to give different feedback!!!

SO WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK? OR I AM THE LAST PERSON TO FIND OUT THAT EXPENSIVE CABLE JUST A RIP OFF?
sautan904
Wlutke putting a a musical system, you need experience, train ears, money, time to listen, it's a lot of work, stressful, my experience I have two audiophile friends, who have good ears, and very musical system, so I listen to their system a lot, they explain to me every quality their system does, it took a long time before I learn, one problem, I don't want to spend money  on good cables, and gear,true expensive give does not give you guarantee to have musical system, you have to match them until the music will connect to you, until you are in a hurry to go home so you listen to your favorite music, Iam bless to meet them 20 yrs ago.Now when one of my audiophile listen, His jaw drop, And I always thank them for mentoring me.

@bpoletti 

I'm not sure I agree with you regarding the silver = bright and brittle comment. 

My silver core cables do not sound brighter than the copper core counterparts, in fact, that was my initial fear but boy I was wrong.  Warmer and more analog with better imaging and focus on the silver. I am impressed. 
joey_v

Maybe that's why they make different kinds of cables.  But my opinion stands.  I have never heard a silver cable I could live with.  YMMV.
In my system, silver cables sounded very bright. I couldn't listen to it for long durations. I swapped the Omega silver cables with Nordost Blue Heaven and am happy with them. 
" untinned pure copper (never anything else)"
The Western Electric and Dueland cable is Stranded tinned copper and it sounds terrific.  Also if you like Supra cable as a lot of people do it is also stranded tinned copper. The " never tinned" statement is an old wives tale 
Alan