Lemon HiFi-Tuning Fuse?

After researching the cause, I can find no reason why my HiFi-Tuning fuse simply blew in my Boulder L3AE line stage.

This was at first scary, because I had my line stage serviced and recapped last year by Boulder Amplifiers. When the fuse blew, I got that usual sinking feeling, but after replacing the HiFi-Tuning fuse (1A, 500v) with the original Boulder fuse (1A, 250v), no problems.

My power is also stable. And, I have my Boulder line stage plugged into a Brick Wall surge protector that is shared with my TT motor controller. The motor controller is just fine, so no issues there.

Has anyone experienced these fuses just giving out? I've only had my fuse for about a year, so could this just be a lemon?

Kenny

kennythekey
Do you know if the Hi-Fi Tuning was a fast-blo? It could be too much inrush current.
Even "non-audiophile" fuses give up sometimes after a period of use.  I've had Buss and Littelfuses pop for no apparent reason.  Replaced them, and things were fine forever after.  I certainly wouldn't worry about it so long as a replacement fuse doesn't blow quickly (which might then indicate an issue with the component).

bcowen

"Even "non-audiophile" fuses give up sometimes after a period of use. I've had Buss and Littelfuses pop for no apparent reason."

I suspect it's safe to assume that happens a hundred times more often than for aftermarket audiophile fuses.

Thanks, everyone.

I'm now wondering if it may have been caused by static? We have low humidity here in Colorado, and frequently I get a spark when grabbing the volume control of the line stage. More so, than my other components. I'll try grounding the unit, because the power cord is a built-in two prong job. A humidifier may also help.

Kenny

There are/is a thread on this issue with the recommendation of using a rating above the replaced original.