Quack System Upgrades

Ok, so what's the most ridiculous "SNAKE OIL" upgrade you have come across?

Let the fun begin HAHAHA :) :)

128x128crazyeddy
Why Blue Jeans Cable? They sell Belden and Canare brand cable and terminate with a choice of connectors.
They make no wild claims about technology like some cable manufacturers.
Post removed 
"They make no wild claims about technology like some cable manufacturers. "

Actually, they do make some wild claims. I asked them about some cables and what to expect if I tried them in my system. They told me I could put them next to some really expensive cables made with exotic materials, and I would hear a tiny difference at best. Most likely, I won't hear any difference. I believe they also make that claim in print on their web site.

I put them in my system and compared them to cables costing a lot more, and the differences were big and unmistakable.  Anyone could hear the difference. Blue Jeans cable clearly didn't perform as well as my expensive cables so I label them snake oil. If they were to say our $25 cables can compete with others costing $40 or $50, I would say that sounds reasonable. But up against cost no object cables, they're statements are wildly misleading.

I know better, as I'm sure most of the people here do as well. But a new person just getting into audio could easily be sold on Blue Jeans claims. They don't yet have a point of reference for comparison. So, if they just stay with Blue Jeans cables, they may never realize they're systems full potential. Yes, we all know that some expensive cables are overpriced snake oil, but it has to work both ways. Just because they sell low cost items, doesn't get them off the hook. 
Interesting concept mb1,

One could argue that that the cables sold by Blue Jeans are the identical wire that most likely a good amount of the music we listen to were recorded with. 

So then somehow cost no object cables are reversing the effect of the cable used in the production of our music and then providing a more realistic rendering of the original production on replay?
If your systems full potential requires special expensive wires and different bits of wire between components actually materially affect the performance then it says a lot about the equipment design and build quality and/or your equipment choices. 

Good quality and well designed equipment should be highly sensitive and revealing of the source and not the wires used to connect equipment together. Audio 101 basics in design and quality.