Acurus A150 v. Bryston 4b

Looking for a stopgap amp for my Magnepan 1.7s until I can fund the amp I really want. Acurus A150 or the Bryston 4b, opinions? The Bryston is not an ST or SST.
sbm604
China used their junks to sail all over the world.

China can make to spec. (ask Apple) and if you need 5,000 engineers to work on something next week - it can be done; not even India can match that yet.

China today is about where Japan was in the 1950s before they implemented rigorous quality control across all export industries.  maybe some here are old enough to recall their parents cursing "cheap jap junk"??

The US was in the same situation in the mid to late 1800s.  It made cheap crappy low grade wooden furniture and mostly exported to England.

Today the US is a leader in high quality turbines, industrial equipment, pharma & etc.  But not in most consumer goods.  Maybe Japan will continue as a maker of high-quality consumer goods, tho many Nikon lenses are now stamped made in China or Thailand.
Bryston arrive 2 days ahead of schedule, thank you Stereo Exchange and UPS. First disc, Pink Floyd Division Bell. Maggies never sound so open and free. I should be happy for a while what with the new amp and traveler turntable. But most of us know how it is when you look at the classifieds and see something a little better. Serenity now.....

That all is a 100% accurate, Randy. I think the issue many have is not the quality (or lack thereof) but the concern that China will do to the US what we did to the British economically in the early 1900’s (and worse). It is now right at the 100 year economic transition cycle that tends to repeat itself.

Starting in the 60’s and perhaps even well into the NAFTA treason, America could have continued to enjoy stable economic growth and at least delayed the beginnings of the trade deficit era by manufacturing superior consumer products, including automobiles, instead of Japan had they listened to Deming, which, of course, the Japanese did.

Best to you Randy,
Dave