Blu Ray from the HTPC

Just curious as to who has jumped on board with the Blu Ray CD ROM drives. Just started using mine today. The picture quality is terrific! If your PC video card is HDCP compatible ..this could be the cheapest way to get into Blu Ray with very little cost. $150 and your ready to watch true Hi Def!
gmood1
Gmood1
Your welcome, and yes I almost bought that one from Newegg. The only thing that stopped me was finding this thread and reading about the Asus card. Lots of good reviews on Newegg about the Auzen, the only bad thing is it dosen't decode Dolby True Hd and DTS Master Audio, that's one of the reasons I'm waiting for the Asus. I see Asus is finally putting the Deluxe up on their web site. Hope its not too much longer before this comes out.

I see from a earlier post your from down in Georgia? I'm from down around those parts myself. Morrow, Ga to be exact, just outside of Atlanta. Living in New Jersey right now though.
Yes you are correct....I'm roughly 80 miles southwest of Morrow..the Columbus,Georgia area. Bummer about the Auzen..I have my heart set on the Asus..so I'll patiently wait. ;-)
Gmood1
Sent you a personal email about the Asus Xonar HDAV. After reading this, my XPS410 will be going in the main system to try it out. It's loaded with a lot of extra good stuff to test your system with.
Hey thanks Robert for the info. That manual gives me a good head start on what I need to do. I look forward to your assessment of the card!

Holy smokes!!! Robert I've been reading over some of this manual. This card is unbelievable!!

Using Vista I can drag the speakers and/ or the listeners in different relative positions "virtually" using my mouse, in real time using the menu display. Drop them any where and the Xonar program will adjust the virtual 7.1 accordingly.

Man ..this is going to be fun!!! ;-)

Thanks again!
Gmood1
Check this out "Room Correction in Vista". This along with the Asus HDAV 1.3 and it should take your HTPC to a whole new level .

http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/windowsvista/articles/450038.aspx

Glade you enjoyed the Owners Manual.