Schiit Yggdrasil Upgrades

It was brought to my attention the Yggdrasil has a Eye opening upgrade in the works .
Sometime possibly spring 2017 one reviewer mentioned killer dac--upgrade from a very Good source.
I already have  this dac on my wish list .and will buy as soon as it comes out.
No sence in buying now ,then have to send back in again.  It is already very good.  it will 
Make a lot of $$ companies very unhappy !!
128x128audioman58
I don't speak for the company but if there is an upgrade it will be in the form of a pcb replacement, either the USB, DSP or analog board. If and when it's available, that upgrade will be offered as an add-on to the base model and will probably be in the same format as the other buy buttons -- pick the base model and then pick the add-on from a menu with the associated price.

Implying that future buyers are going to get the upgraded unit at the same price as today is misleading and, IMO, not a nice thing to do.

Myself and others have emailed Schiit  and told them the red wima cap they use are a weak link 2 friends in the U.K have upgraded to these far superior 
Coupling caps  ,Schiit totally ignored my tip .I heard it first hand with a Hifi tunjng supreme fuse ,even that they refuse to install evrn if you send it to them ,how 
Foolish  you get a solid opportunity to improve the unit for -0 effort and nothing
I evrn offered to send caps for their unit No Charge and pay labor to install 
They refused. That is why these guys did theirs more detail ,depth and musicality 
For less then $40 in capaciyors. They must have bought 1,000s of Wima caps for all units use the same . Without question a Solid upgrade.have some one install 
You can do yourself if handy with a soldering iron.
http://www.partsconnexion.com/capacitor_film_amtrans_amch.html
limniscate
68 posts
12-17-2016 6:05am
I hope this isn’t true since I just bought one!
If you just got it then you can send it back for a refund as they have a trial period.

But then this new model could be hoax as well.

Ask Schiit about you sending it back, because you want the newer model that’s coming and see what they say.

Cheers George
@audioman58

Those "red" WIMA  caps are generally considered to be fine caps Polypropylene caps . Your last post is now causing me to question your first post.  With all due respect, of course.