HT Receiver recommendation

Little by little I am upgrading my modest home theater. Just added an OPPO HD980 DVD player based on input from this board. I still have a (gasp) Yamaha Pro-Logic receiver, so I think it is now time to upgrade the receiver. I have pretty good Paradigm speakers all around, and need at least 100 watts/channel and at least a 5.1 unit, and I use a 42" Sony LCD TV. I am hoping to spend less than $500 on a used unit. I am thinking Denon, Yamaha, Rotel, Sony ES or something similar. I am really a 2-channel guy, but enjoy movies on a decent system with my family. What would you recommend?...and, thanks in advance.
stuartbmw3
Silly me...seriously consider a Cambridge Audio av recvr. Big bang for the buck sound quality. Your dign's will thank you.
Last week I just bought a brand new Pioneer VSX-74TXVi from Hi-Fi Heaven. Ask for Bill and he will be able to sell you one new in the box for $500. Found him on Videogon. Using mine as a home theater preamp which replaced an Outlaw Model 990. Sounds much better probably due to the much more sophisticated EQ mike software.

Slbenz
You may also consider a used Marantz SR-18. Wonderfully musical for 2 channel AND SUPERB for home theatre. They can be had for about $600 with a little patience and bargaining skills.
I agree with "Reubent", unless the $500. budget is absolute, I'd look for a new receiver with HDMI v.1.3, room calibration, ability to handle new audio codecs, etc. If not, you're starting off with one hand tied beyond your back as far as future upgrades of other components (Blu Ray player, advanced audio codecs, etc.) There's lots to choose from for a couple hundred bucks more.