Air Tight ATM-3, ATM-1 or Thalmann modded CJ Premier Fives?

Would love opinions as i have narrowed a replacement amp search down to these three amps. i will be replacing a Shindo Montrachet that I love, but discovered after I bought it that it is really not made to drive speakers like Quad esl-63s, even though I biamp. Gotta keep the Quads!

I am a "musicality" listener... I am not looking for ultimate neutrality is that means a clear, thin midrange and too much treble balance. I like a rich, organic, full midrange, great timbre/texture, zero edge or brightness, and as much resolution as possible without violating the first three requirements. All things equal Esl-63s like power or at least big trannies to.bring out their macro dynamics. I liisten to 50% acoustic jazz and blues, 30% classical and 20% rock. System is sota star sapphire, ear 834p, Thor TA-1000 pre, quad esl-63 rebuilt by electrostatic solutions (awesome company, product and guy by the way), and vandersteen 2wq subs w passive first order crossovers. digital uses audio note 3.1 sig dac.

The cj premier fives have the Thalman teflon cap upgrade... i just dont know what to expect sonically from them because I never head stock fives but i like the old cj sound pretty well, but quads like some power so they could be interesting. i really want to stick w el-34 tubes, no 6550 amps. I always lusted after Air Tight.

Thanks in advance for thoughts on sonic comparisons between these three amps!

montaldo

Montaldo,

I don't have direct experience, but from what I've read, you should be aware that the Teflon caps have a very long break-in period before they sound their best.

Decided try the premier fives... should be interesting and I will try to.report back
Montaldo, I have extensive experience with Teflon capacitors in various modified components and the CJ ET-3 SE. I can assure you that Teflon caps can provide an amazing soundstage and an astoundingly clear window into the recorded material. I highly recommend CJ's products with Teflon caps.

I burn in Teflon caps in my modified Running Springs Haley power conditioner for a month before installing them into components (the Haley will always use a pair of 1uf Teflon caps due to the great improvements they provide to my sound system). Maybe you can find your own way to ease the burn in of components with Teflon caps.

Here's a tip for CJ products: CJ likes to use large film caps in the regulated high voltage power supply. Bypass those large film caps with 1uf Teflon caps. Your component will improve with 3D imaging and a blacker background. In general, Teflon caps are awesome in power supplies so don't be shy to bypass electrolytics with them.