Clean away old CD treatments

Hello,

Recently I've been trying various CD treatments. I began with Optrix, switched to Shine-ola, and even tried Ultrabit. A few of my CDs have received all three treatments without any cleansing in between.

I would like to start over. I want to clean all the old treatments off my CDs. Is it enough to use mild dish soap and distilled water? Or should I use something like Novus? I am hesitant to use lens cleaners with isopropyl alcohol or ethanol because I've heard alcohol is bad for polycarbonate.

Would appreciate any advice.
rfprice
Sounds like good stuff. Who knew? I'll stick with Dawn. Today's the day. I'll need more distilled water.
I boil water to get steam...hold disk over to get steam cleaned a couple times...
 So did any of these treaments bring about any improvement to the sound.  I have used optrix with mixed results
there are many things wrong with CDs. they can develop electric static charge, magnetic field, they presumably have mold release compound that has been absorbed by the polycarbonate, the CDs are often out of round, which the reason for that CD trimmer. not to mention that coloring the CD, e.g. green pen, reduces the amount of background scattered light getting into the photodetector, at the the visible red portion.
After I began using Optrix, I couldn't listen without it. Even my grunge sounded grungy. When Optrix was discontinued, I switched to Shine-ola, which I found to be much better. More analog, more vibrant. So I decided to try the Ultrabit, which is supposedly the best. I am undecided about the Ultrabit. The clarity is stunning. But I think it made the discs sound bright, almost glaring. Initially I found the discs difficult to listen to, but now I might be getting used to it.

I've treated about 50-60 of my discs total. This weekend I am washing them all, going back to the beginning. Then I'm going to do a small test with just a few CDs between the Shin-ola and Ultrabit. Anyway, Ultrabit is discontinued now, so this is the end of it. I might try L Art du Son also, but enough is enough.