Any Vandersteen 7 Owners in SFO Bay Area ?

Hi,

There is no dealer in San Francisco Bay Area who carries Vandersteen 7.  I want to listen to them before i consider and upgrade and wondering if there is anyone in my area who can help me.  I own 5A Carbons and thinking of upgrading. 
veerapaneni
Tom, yes you have what I consider the best speakers I've ever heard as I"ve heard them so many times in so many room and with so many different amps, but they always shine.  I hope OP get's a chance to get down to Socal this weekend. Please call first and let us all know how it goes.

Tom, I'm heading up to Seattle on Xmas week as a get away with my wife.  Can't wait. I used to live in Bremerton with the Navy in the early 80's.  Love Seattle area.
Sorry to high jack this thread, but for those with extensive experience, is the 7 mk 2 a huge leap ahead of the original 7?
Also, might the CAT JL-2 tube amp, which is rated a bit above 100 watt, capable of driving the 7's?  Most systems I have seen them driven by high powered solid state.
Thanks, Steve

Greetings Siddh
  Not to major on the minors
The 7 or 7 MK 2 features a 400 WPC extraordinary non current limiting amp for its bass section with tun-able in room compensation.

This allows us a far smother in room bass response and foundation.
 Their unique High pass relives the burden of the main amps heavy lifting  dramatically lowering distortion improving clarity and transparency of the whole system.
IMHO the 7s drivers and complete loudspeaker concept simply stated
outperforms anything I have heard currently available. 
 We can take any decent amp from 100 WPC plus and experience their magic
  The first thing folks that can hear say is they notice its the first pair of speakers that don't sound like speakers.
 Best
 JohnnyR
 Audio Connection
Vandersteen dealer
PS in breaking in my first pair of 7s temporarily hooked up to a 12
 hundred buck NAD w/ Aesthetix Tube pre I was riveted into the chair
given a tonal history lesson and couldn't leave for hours.

Thanks Johnny.  Many of us feel the same way about the 7 mk2's.  They are just so special IMHO and  outperform the Wilson XLF's and the top Radiho's (spelling) that I've heard.  It's just special speaker and Johnny is as good a dealer as you will find in the country.  Give him a call if you don't have a local Vandy dealer. There are MANY on this as well as other boards who drive many miles to work with him as he's an honest guy who also knows his stuff.