Air Tight ATM-3, ATM-1 or Thalmann modded CJ Premier Fives?

Would love opinions as i have narrowed a replacement amp search down to these three amps. i will be replacing a Shindo Montrachet that I love, but discovered after I bought it that it is really not made to drive speakers like Quad esl-63s, even though I biamp. Gotta keep the Quads!

I am a "musicality" listener... I am not looking for ultimate neutrality is that means a clear, thin midrange and too much treble balance. I like a rich, organic, full midrange, great timbre/texture, zero edge or brightness, and as much resolution as possible without violating the first three requirements. All things equal Esl-63s like power or at least big trannies to.bring out their macro dynamics. I liisten to 50% acoustic jazz and blues, 30% classical and 20% rock. System is sota star sapphire, ear 834p, Thor TA-1000 pre, quad esl-63 rebuilt by electrostatic solutions (awesome company, product and guy by the way), and vandersteen 2wq subs w passive first order crossovers. digital uses audio note 3.1 sig dac.

The cj premier fives have the Thalman teflon cap upgrade... i just dont know what to expect sonically from them because I never head stock fives but i like the old cj sound pretty well, but quads like some power so they could be interesting. i really want to stick w el-34 tubes, no 6550 amps. I always lusted after Air Tight.

Thanks in advance for thoughts on sonic comparisons between these three amps!

montaldo
Sidenote: Bill Thalman used to work for CJ, like Steve McCormick, he operates out of Virginia.  If you are serious about the CJ gear- I would reach out and touch him for a consultation. He still offers service/parts for CJ products.
@montaldo I used to own an Air Tight ATM-1 and I would say its a nice amp, very solid and on the neutral end of the tube sound spectrum, I admired it more than I really loved it. But I had it in my earlier days as an audiophile and wasn’t much into tube rolling so not sure I extracted all that I could from that amp. I am with you on 6550 tubes my first tube amp was a cj premier 11a which turned me off the 6550 for life. I would suspect the ATM-3 would be a nice upgrade on the ATM-1 but I’ve never heard it and can’t comment on the cj fives. Big EL34 lover myself too bad about your Shindo that’s a very nice amp, but I understand not wanting to change your Quads talk about an all time classic. Good luck and keep us posted which direction you ultimately go.
Jafant, my system is a Sota star sapphire, ear 834p, Thor TA-1000 pre, quad esl-63 rebuilt by electrostatic solutions, and vandersteen 2wq subs w passive first order crossovers. digital uses audio note 3.1 sig dac.

Premier fives were made from 1981-1985 i believe. At  this point i think i might like a restored pair stock instead of the teflon cap thing. i dont like the clean and clear neutrality thing.

Jond: yeah the quads are too good, to my ears. the Shindo is honestly the best amp i have owned, following nice amps like vtl mb-185 sigs, cary 805, etc. vtls were fantastic until i had to buy new tubes and kevin deal broke the news that you really cant get thr st. petersburg 6550 like they used to make. i bailed on 6550s for good. loved the 805s but they seemed dead on top even to my ears but i think single ended w quads creates issues so i dont blame the wonderful 805s. but oh that Shindo! pure music.

Montaldo,

I don't have direct experience, but from what I've read, you should be aware that the Teflon caps have a very long break-in period before they sound their best.