Clean away old CD treatments

Hello,

Recently I've been trying various CD treatments. I began with Optrix, switched to Shine-ola, and even tried Ultrabit. A few of my CDs have received all three treatments without any cleansing in between.

I would like to start over. I want to clean all the old treatments off my CDs. Is it enough to use mild dish soap and distilled water? Or should I use something like Novus? I am hesitant to use lens cleaners with isopropyl alcohol or ethanol because I've heard alcohol is bad for polycarbonate.

Would appreciate any advice.
rfprice
Dawn is better for this purpose than a different brand? I was going to use some biodegradable stuff from Costco.
Dawn is used to remove oil/grease from roadways after accidents. It really does its' job. Even animal rescue organizations use it to clean off animals caught in oil slicks.
In fact, if you do use it, be sure to apply some skin moisturizer to your hands when you are finished cleaning CD's as they can get a bit dried out, as well.

gdnrbob
Dawn is used to remove oil/grease from roadways after accidents. It really does its' job. Even animal rescue organizations use it to clean off animals caught in oil slicks.

That's great. But can it remove the electric static charge?

Sounds like good stuff. Who knew? I'll stick with Dawn. Today's the day. I'll need more distilled water.