Interconnects, some have directional indicators, why?

I'm curious as to why some interconnects are directional? Is there a physical internal difference and do they generally sound better and cost more than non-directional cables? Thanks for your interest.
phd
Post removed 
I'm just guessing here, but I imagine it also may have something to do with the magnetic fields which are created anytime current moves (right hand rule) down a conductor.  I imagine that the geometry of the conductors are used to manipulate this in some way that they feel impacts the signal the least.

Then again it could be pure snake oil, but I doubt it.
The problem is that wire is directional. All wire, wire in fuses, wire in interconnects, speaker cables, internal wiring in electronics and speakers, the wire in capacitors. That's why interconnects that are not shielded sometimes have arrow, you know like Anti Cables and others. So, here's the real problem, those cables and interconnects that are shielded and have arrows to indictate the direction the cable should be connected because of the shield may or may not consider the direction of the wire itself. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the wire in shielded cable should also be considered when marking the cables for direction with arrows. The sound would suffer somewhat if the wire itself was in the wrong direction even shield was in the right direction.

The comments regarding the shield being connected at one end only are correct.

Obviously since the audio signal is an Alternating Current signal, the actual wire is not a variable.
More to discover