Cartridge Recommendation

Hi Guys
I need advice on a cartridge recommendation for the following set up. 
Table is a Clear Audio Performance DC with a Clarify Tonearm. Phono is a Avid Pellar. I am currently using the High Output Virtuso V2 that came with the package. I am looking for a low output cartridge in the $1000-1500 budget. I have also used a Dynavector Karat D17 with this table and loved it though I had trouble setting this cart because I feel it was a bit light for the tonearm (compliance?). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 
I am looking for tight bass response and mids. 
srafi
It's the day before Thanksgiving, I'm in the office and everyone is pretending to be busy.

Just thought I would add my vote for the AT ART9.Mine is 1.5 years old and it just plays beautiful music. I have owned other 1k carts. Forget the Benz, DV, Grado, Lyra,Sumiko, SS....
They all have their strengths, but the ART 9 has enough of all qualities.  

For the price point, your cart buying days are over with the ART 9.

Until one steps into the "big league" (20k+ table and appropriate peripherals)no need to consider anything else-IMHO

<Ortofon dealer disclaimer>
The Cadenza Red sounds EXCELLENT :-) and is right in your target price range as well...
-Brian
Herndon Audio

Purchased the ART 9 thru Juno in the U.K. about 2 months ago. It has 100+ hours on it now and has not ceased to amaze me more each time I listen. This is a no-brainer. There are two available now on eBay by seller 2juki. At $850,this the best price I've seen anywhere. No affiliation here, just follow because I have purchased other items from them in the past. Very reputable. 

I'm buying one after the holdays either way,I am tired of hearing how good that thing is for a g.    lol