On that same track, in order to align the cartridge correctly you would need to put blocks under the platter to raise it to the same height as when it is spinning.

the website discusses the feet which are automatically raised when the table is not used.  here is the video from the site.  

https://ksr-video.imgix.net/assets/014/328/049/8218e7bfb759b4b621a7a1c4329db837_h264_high.mp4
Ok thanks. I missed that. There is some sort of groove on the bottom of the platter. The feet look like they are cone shaped to fit that groove.
Ok, that video answered some questions for me. Hit the platter and it wobbles side to side while the arm remains static. How in the world is that suppose to track without distortion and possibly skipping. Now, if they levitated the arm on a beam connected to the same plain as the platter, e.g., Rega, and it could move in accordance to the same micro and macro vibrations I might consider it. 

Also, you can clearly see how much the platter wobbles during normal playback. Whether that is uneven levitation or poor platter tolerances it is not a good thing.

I'll pass on this big time.

sarcher30
594 posts
11-27-2016 10:48am
Geoff, that is true but any extra motion is not ideal.

that's probably true but it might be a trade off between seismic vibration and any motion the platter provides, I.e., which is worse? On a related subject I'm not sure how accurately the spindle holes are centered in records generally. Maybe I shouldn't worry about it. 🙂