Rega Owners - Alignment Tool / Protractor

Recommendations for Rega RB700 arm alignment/overhang adjustment protractor; Baerwald? Loefgren?, Rega?
other?

Protractor recommendations; Wallytractor, GeoDisc, Avid, Mint Best, Turn Table Basics, Rega supplied paper, other?

I have read elsewhere on this forum that due to the pivot point placement and length of the arm, the baerewald geometry is not useful on Rega tables.  If you have found this not to be the case, please add a note to this tread stating so.

Thank You
Brad
128x128bradf
Brad - once you get the Mint, be sure to get it "dead-on" the marks - this may take some time - I actually had a fellow audio-nut with much younger eyes do mine for me.

Get the largest, most powerful Loupe you can find - it will make the process so much easier. Also, put the TT on a regular table, the extra elbow room/support will make the process easier/faster - trying to setup on an audio stand was an exasperating and shaky experience.

Regards...
I have MintLps and Wallytractors for several tonearms and prefer the Wallys, finding their inscription on mirrors to be superior for parallax offset and their super-fine lines on the surface of the protractor (rather than under a layer of glass) to be more precise and easier to use. Hard to come by these days, though, so Mints are an excellent alternative. The differences are minor, really.
Hi @ williewonka, wrm57
Thanks to both of you for your comments.
Would anyone know the geometry used for either Mint or Wallytractor protractor.

@wrm57 , Wallytractor, "hard to come by these days" ?
Due to long lead time, no longer manufactured, or ?

Thank You
Brad

Hi Brad,

I think Wally is out of business, though I might be wrong. Some years back he became undependable in delivering product, according to threads that appeared here and elsewhere, and I've heard nothing about him in quite a while. I bought protractors from him 2000-2002 and had no issues, though I had to send a check in advance and hope for the best. The used market is probably your best bet, if and when they come up, which is seldom. As a matter of fact, I just snagged a Universal Wally a couple of weeks ago, just to use with my Triplanar (even though I have a Mint, a UNI-tractor, and an Accutrak for it),  but I'd been looking for a long time. Yip at MintLP is completely dependable, in my experience.

Wallys are inscribed for both Baerwald and Loefgren. Yip uses Baerwald by default (at least on mine) but you may be able to request Loefgren.

Bill
@wrm57 

Hi Bill
Thank You for all your input. I haven't heard of Triplaner or UNI-tractor,
Accutrak. Although I am pretty convinced on a Best Mint, I will probably look into them also since I am one of those guys that needlessly makes things a lot more difficult then common sense would predicate.
I have once been accused of opening a rock to see how it works.