Proton 1100 Pre-amp and 1200 Amp

Both seem to be in good shape--I am the only owner. I used them for a few years, then replaced them, and found them in my basement while cleaning up. I have been reading about the amp, but haven't seen much about the pre-amp.

I'm not sure whether to keep them (as spares) or sell them (how much is reasonable?) I've never sold on Audiogon before--is this the right place to sell these products, or should I go to a local dealer (we still have a few around, and at least one sells used equipment, so I would guess that that buy, too).

Thanks for the help. Anything you can tell me is welcome.

hbaudio
I know almost no one believe me, but I was trying to be helpful. :)

My point was to suggest keeping them to build a second system where you spend time, like in front of your PC, or garage, or whatnot.

They are also getting old, and those electrolytic caps will need replacing soon. If you can use them for the next 3-5 years it's worth keeping them. If you are going to store them until you remember them, sell them.
Yup, re-reading your response, I totally believe you. And your suggestion makes lots of sense.

However: I have already built a system in a second bedroom, and another in my office, so it's probably time to get rid of this gear. Problem is, I have never done that before, and I was hoping others could tell me how to sell an amplifier that weighs as much as an anvil on Audiogon, or elsewhere.

Hello hbaudio
If you are serious about selling these, I would like to discuss with you on a private channel.
Let me know.
Thanks.
Keep them.  They're worth more to you than anyone else. 

IIRC, Proton is effectively re-badged NAD.  The most recent amp sale I could find in a cursory eBay search suggests the amp is worth about $400; the last preamp sale suggests it sold for $300. 

If you're serious about selling them, this is a good site, as is eBay, etc.  Assuming they both work properly, list them as a pair for $700 and see how it goes.