Why So Many Raidho Speaker For Sale?

If Raidho speakers are so great, why are there so many pairs for sale here?  These are not inexpensive speakers by any means and it seems at least every other day there is a pair for sale with some people having them only a few weeks to a few months, and they are really taking a bath on them.  What gives?  Are they not as great as they are made to be?  Is Jonathan Valin a shill for the company?

I heard the 4.1 diamond at Blink High End north of Boston and was very unimpressed.  I have heard many other highly regarded speakers for much less money sounding wonderful.  So, what gives?

128x128stereo5
I really don't think so, I mean you spend upwards of 40 grand on speakers and then sell them for 40% less than you paid weeks or months later?

Are you assuming folks are paying list prices? I know a few guys who rotate gear regularly. They buy new, and get dealer accommodations, generally 30-50% off list prices for electronics/speakers.
Maybe these are folks that just like to hear stuff in their home, and know some industry insiders. They get bored quickly, and want to try something else.
I think there is a small amount of people who go through a hell of a lot of gear.
All the stores I frequent charge retail and on some occasions a 10% discount.  Why would a dealer give a customer a salesman's accommodation which is 40 to50% off of retail?  When I worked in audio, I could get a salesmans acomidation on a product that was cheaper than what the company paid for it in bulk ordering.  The stores wouldn't stay in business very long if they did that.
The number you see for sale on this website is minuscule compared to the number that are sold and are in peoples homes worldwide. You are not looking at a representative sample. I bet most audiophiles have never been to this site.

If you do an alphabetical listing on any category you will see many name brands that have a lot of sell listings. Would you say Audio Research or Sonus Faber et al are having problems???? or we should be concerned? IDTS.
Well I traded in my D2's for D2.1's. The upgrade is significant. Many for sale is people upgrading.

But there is a downside to Raidho's and Scansonics. That being setup. To get the most out of them they really need to be at least 9ft apart and a good 3 to 5 feet from the back wall. If you can set them properly they are magical. If you can't they are just good. Also they are more of a nearfield speaker. Also if you want a rock concert in your home they are not the speaker for you. But if you want to hear music in a more intimate setting these are the speakers you want. Unlike some speakers that sound the best when played very loud these play great at lower to mid level volumes. The max spl varies from the mid 90db's to 105db depending on the model. Max db with my D2.1's is around 97. Like most any speaker they also sound best with really good electronics.

As far as losing 40% or more I doubt many paid anywhere near retail.
All the stores I frequent charge retail and on some occasions a 10% discount. Why would a dealer give a customer a salesman's accommodation which is 40 to50% off of retail? When I worked in audio, I could get a salesmans acomidation on a product that was cheaper than what the company paid for it in bulk ordering. The stores wouldn't stay in business very long if they did that.

The gentlemen that I am thinking of aren't buying from stores. They have previously owned stores or audio business', and still buy their personal gear direct from manufacturers at dealer rates. At what they are paying for new units, they lose very little, if any money, when selling their gear used after 6 months of ownership.