What are the best speakers for 80's hard rock?

Hello folks!
I want suggestions for best speakers and amp for 80's hard rock music. Many bad recordings, so many high end speakers (and amps) sounds very harsh and hard, with little bass. It's more important to me that my stereo can play bad recordings in a good way, than play good recordings in a fantastic way.

I want very laidback and soft treble, but I want a bass that goes deep and alo is very punchy.

I know many people say that I should here on vintage speakers. But I want new speakers. Any price range!

Thanks for suggestions!
rockpanther
get the best sub you can afford and some small bookshelfs with at least a 6 in woofer. easier to tune the bass to your liking and the satellites will be easier to select . so many small 2 ways that wont be too critical
For Vintage speakers, i'm going to vote for the Infinity IRS Gamma. You can't beat physics; with 4 x 12" Watkins dual voice coil woofers, the Gamma's get down to 15Hz & pound!
For 80s hard rock I really enjoyed a pair of Advent 5012 W speakers that were re-foamed and restored. I powered them with an Accuphase E202 Integrated but had to be careful with the volume control.
What are the best speakers for 80's hard rock?

Yamaha NS1000's

Cheers George