Looking for SACD player............

I’m replacing my Marantz SA8100. Looking at new Marantz SA8500. Anything else new or used  in that price range I should be looking at? Thanks.
128x128tpreaves
@nyame Congrats. on the receipt of your modified player.  I am anxious to read about what you hear as differences pre to post mod.  You are more patient than I.  I would put a CD in the tray and play on repeat around the clock so within a week or so I could hear the fully run-in player.

Have you tried the Oppo BDP-105D?  It ought to cost WAY more than it does.  A phenomenal SACD player, the balanced outputs sound wonderful.  Having a hard time finding anything better under $10k.  That player is amazing.
I think SACD is going the way of Betamax, excerpts I taken from the net. And rumors that Sony and Philips are now looking at DXD with is pcm.

"Esoteric has stopped OEM sales of SACD transport because Sony had stopped supply of the chip required to read the DSD data stream from the SACD disc."

Cheers George

Thanks! for the update- wig and nyame.

Does Modwright offer different "mod" packages? I tend to agree that most of you, if not all, goes for the all-out Aural assault package. I would not blame you.

The Audience is a very fine PC. Keep me posted and Happy Listening!