Recommended Speaker for Triode Amp

I've been living with inefficient Thiel 3.6 speakers for many years now, but now I'm getting a new integrated Triode amplifier rated at 20 watts per channel. I'm not familiar with horn and open baffle speakers, or other inefficient designs and could use some help.

I listen mostly to jazz, female voice, acoustical types, and rock, as opposed to Big Band and orchestral music. I have a fairly small listening room. I do like my bass, so if it's there I want to produce it well.

I've seen some speaker kits and I am handy but don't have a lot of woodworking tools. For example, I would not want to cut those large round speaker holes.

I also don't understand how to match a speakers efficiency to the power output of an amp, or maybe that doesn't matter as long as you can drive the speakers to loud levels.

I do have two goals. The first is to spend between $3K to $6K tops, and the second is to smoke my Theil 3.6 speakers.

Help and recommendations are appreciated.
kennythekey
I'll 3rd the Sonist Concerto 3s. I heard them at a show recently powered by a 5-watter and they sounded very nice. Better than some much more expensive speakers at that show. If I were in the market for speakers those are the ones I would buy.
Randy (or dealer if there is one in your area) will set you up with a 30-day demo.
Thanks Dpe. I guess I misread the cost on the CAR website. I thought it was $6,460. Bummer.

I'll check out the Sonist.
For anyone who may be looking for efficient speakers now, I would suggest the following.
Check out Vaughn Loudspeakers.
http://www.vaughnloudspeakers.com/
I have had a pair for almost 5 years. They have reeceived a lot of best of show votes at RMAF CAS, etc. over the years and for good reason. I have the Zinfandel model without powered subwoofer and these speakers have been in my system longer than any other component. The new speakers offered by Vaughn are really quite nice too, some with plasma tweeters and all boasting 94 -98 db efficiency. The owner, Jim Jordan is a true audio perfectionist and stands behind his products. 
Emerald Physics 4.7 or 4.8. It produces 90 dB SPL in my room on 1.5 Watts.

Amplifier is Dennis Had's Inspire Fire Bottle SE, about 10 Watts per channel.

Gentlemen and Ladies:  This is a shockingly good system!