Does the magnetic levitating platter make all other designs superfluous.No bearings!

This could be a game changer but we will have to see if the high end mafia embraces it or dumps it into the east river after chopping it up into small pieces.Time will tell.

brucegel
Wait till you see the whites of its eyes or the levitation of the platter yourself.Oh and I almost forgot...listen to how it sounds.

brucegel OP
144 posts
10-14-2016 2:16pm
Wait till you see the whites of its eyes or the levitation of the platter yourself.Oh and I almost forgot...listen to how it sounds.

Compared to what?
Geoffkait is correct.But this may be a hurdle less high to jump than previous designs.The question is how serious are they in perfecting this concept.Do they have the engineering chops to do it right.

brucegel OP
145 posts
10-14-2016 2:23pm
Geoffkait is correct.But this may be a hurdle less high to jump than previous designs.The question is how serious are they in perfecting this concept.Do they have the engineering chops to do it right.

audiophiles have had mag lev devices for twenty years. It’s not really a question of engineering chops. It’s that mag lev has insurmountable problems that makes it uncompetitive with better approaches. LIGO does not use mag lev for any of it’s isolation stages. And they know their isolation. Therefore, I’m out. Looking on the positive side, magnetic sensors are used effectively for active isolation servo mechanisms.

And do all this in a light tight and evacuated enclosure with no air, after all, microturbulences and micro temperature fluctuations will impact speed precision.