Best Capacitors for Crossovers

I am now in the tweaking stage of trying different caps in my crossovers for my DIY homemade 2 way. I presently have and will soon try a 5.6uf 800 vdc +/- 2% Jantzen Audio Silver Z-cap.

I see that Mundorf, V Cap get a lot of accolades, and the Dueland are quite pricey.

Does anyone have a favorite?

I am trying to cross over at about 4500HZ at 6db.

128x128ozzy

grannyring,

Thanks for the info. I also wired the cap with the tweeters using .9999 silver cable. I know that when I had the Von Schwekert’s speakers as new they sounded pretty tight for about a month. I even ran one out of phase and moved the speakers together face to face for several weeks.

I am not too concerned at this time though. I know wire takes at least 200 hours to flesh out and what I am using is all new wiring, caps and speakers.

With my Pass Labs amp, I don’t want to play it continuously so it may take a month to fully develop. So, at that time I may experiment further with other caps.

NIce. I like silver, and copper, but really not impressed by silver/copper for speakers.

Best,

Erik
"Lustformusic" gave you great information; and that design came courtesy of  GREG TIMBERS; a very senior speaker engineer/designer at JBL. A great guy responsible for some of JBL's greatest speakers. From personal experience I can say he is a exceptional gentleman who really cares about music reproduction and customer satisfaction.My hat remains off to Mr. Timbers.
For wire I highly recommend a brand new affordable wire made by Duelund that copies and betters the wonderful NOS Western Electric copper stranded wire. Parts Connextion sells it for $10 a meter and it is very special. I have wired my complete system with the Western Electric NOS wire popularized by Jeff Day. This wire has caused many of us to sell of thousands of dollars worth of Aphile cable for better sound with the WE16 NOS cable. Well, the NOS WE16 wire is now gone and sold up! But Duelund has made a match that according to Jeff Day that is even a tad bit better. 

Forget all all you may have heard about stranded or tinned wire and buy some. I had to empty my brain of past experiences and reading on tinned and stranded wire, but when I opened my mind and heard this stuff I was taken back. So open and musical. You have to hear yourself to know. Check it out.