Best Capacitors for Crossovers

I am now in the tweaking stage of trying different caps in my crossovers for my DIY homemade 2 way. I presently have and will soon try a 5.6uf 800 vdc +/- 2% Jantzen Audio Silver Z-cap.

I see that Mundorf, V Cap get a lot of accolades, and the Dueland are quite pricey.

Does anyone have a favorite?

I am trying to cross over at about 4500HZ at 6db.

128x128ozzy
Hey @dgarretson

When will CSA range become available in the US?

I'm happy to note the CMR is already orderable from Parts Connexion.

Best,

Erik
Ozzy,

Possible but unlikely.  Avoid shortening the leads, and make sure your iron is hot enough, and the tip wide enough.

Melting solder should take like 5 seconds or less! If you are sitting there for half a minute waiting for solder to melt, then yes, you could definitely have injured the cap.
If you are going to compare caps, I would use screw in terminals or even speaker binding posts. You'll definitely hear relative differences that way.
@dgarretson Technically, it is only a conflict of interest when you serve two masters. Promoting your own wares over another may be biased, but not a conflict of interest. :)

For instance, if you were being paid by a rag/mag to do "unbiased" research on capacitors, but were also being paid by Clarity, that’s a clear conflict of interest, especially if undisclosed.

Best,

Erik