MAC's MP100 Phono Pre-amp

Hey People. I currently have an Allnic H1201 phono stage (tubed) and am considering moving to McIntosh's first stand alone pre-amp. I recently got a Cary SLP-05 pre-amp and its connected to a MAC MC302 power amp (a great move in of itself). Was just wondering if anyone had any direct experience with the MP100. Not certain if the McIntosh will present an audible difference. Thank you for your input. TAK
128x128tak1
Hi tak1, I would be very surprised if the MP100 could approach the H-1201 in performance.  There are many other phonos I'd be tempted to try in that price range from

I am using an H-3000/HA-3000 combo for my phono and they are wonderful.  I'm using an MC275 driving KEF Reference 5 speakers.

Sorry, part of my response above disappeared.  The second sentence should have said:

There are many other phonos I'd be tempted to try in that price range from vendors with strong track records before I put down money on the McIntosh.
Ok Greg (got all your sentances). Thank u and I would agree with you ref the phono. I was hesitent to begin with, thus my question, so we'll sit tight. In your earlier your message you seemed to imply that you were using the H-1201 with the C1100 and that surprised me (a mismatch there) but the H-3000 has to be close to a perfect fit with the MAC pre-amp .... and the 275 for that matter. I don't have direct experience with KEF, although I certaily seen them around. Super gear nonetheless ..... am sure it's sonic bliss. As I said in my opening, I just acquired a Cary SLP-05 pre-amp but was also looking for a used MAC 2300 ... but I gotta say, the Cary performs several levels above the C-46 I had. Use any parameter you wish, and it was significanlty improved. Cary uses the 6SN7 tubes and while I am relatively new to tube amplification, my understanding is that these are overall exceptional (assuming you buy a descent mnfr). If this marriage is any indication, I very much like the tube pre/SS power amp connection. With these two, the sound is full, rich and with weight. I don't have invested the money you have, but for what I do have, I'm very pleased. I've got a pair of Gauder Akustik Cassiano speakers (German) with ceramic drivers ... good stuff and they are doing things with the Cary I never heard before ..... but my dream is to own a pair of Magico's one day - S7's would be nice. I digress - anyway, thanks again for the input.
tak1, congratulations on putting together a fine system.  It's not how much you spend on your system, but how much enjoyment you get out of the system you buy.