Must speakers have certain volume to sound convincing ?

Panels have no volume, yet some like them a lot. Horns are, well, horns. Small dynamic speakers never impress me, that's for sure. 
What do you think?
inna
I think any speaker has to play loud enough to:
1) sound convincing or somewhat realistic
2) portray dynamics
3) pressurize the room
4) reveal, or at least, plumb the lower regions convincingly
5) reveal ambience
One can always go louder but I find that proper matching (or just serendipity) can negate the need to go really loud and still be convincing.

All the best,
Nonoise
Inna,

Too bad you are not impressed with Getz and Gilberto.   Everyone has their preferences.  I happen to like the music, the playing, and the singing, but that was not remotely the point of my post.

The music/playing/singing is a matter of taste.  The SQ on the both the SACD and the Analogue Productions 45 rpm LP is not.  (The former was playing when I heard the SoundLab system that so impressed me.  I own the latter). By virtually anyone's standards (assuming good hearing), it's a very good recording.  By most people's standards, it's better than that.  When you've heard the recording on a well set-up SoundLabs system and still find the recording unconvincing, let me know.

Til then,  I'll file your comment under "not my taste in music" rather than as any kind of informed judgement on panel speakers.
I've found that different recordings have a loudness sweet spot where it sounds right, Peter Walker of Quad fame said this many years ago.
That sense of aliveness with all its tonal colours and dynamic shading is gold when it isn't driving me from the room, you know what I mean when your head is trying to tell you this is great and your heart is hiding under th couch, maybe that's what fatigue is.

I think it is more about how loud you want your performance to sound. Scaled back, intimate, or lively and present. Some systems can pull both of these off, but me personally, if it is good, I want to turn it up  :)