Dan D 'Agostino, Mark Levinson, Jim Thiel,

What happens to the sound, quality and everything else to the products of a company when the founder leaves? Do the original companies sustain their lustre they had in their heyday under the founder?

Dan D 'Agostino (Krell), Mark Levinson, Jim Thiel, Arnie Nudell (Inffinity) and Bob Carver(Carver Corp & Sunfire) left companies they founded to be run by others. Can you name any others that left to start up elsewhere? How did their old companies fare after they left?
128x128mitch4t
My Carver 180s have been clowning around driving a pair of Eidolons since their introduction without any issues. Before audio I beat the crap out of a Phase Linear amp to drive a PA system for nine years and sold it still working perfectly.

Nothing wrong with a checkered career. I'd love to hear the details of his selling the tube company to that chump in Tennessee.
Post removed 
Bob's tube amps are no longer made by that "chump" in Tennessee. Bob is in charge of full production of his amps and speaker now.
no dan, no krell

no mark, no levinson..but mark is a terrible businessman.

no jim, no thiel

the answer to your question is without a doubt nelson pass and...

no pass, no threshold.
Sunfire is still in business, he sold it to a big corporation and did quite well for himself. Carver was/is a man who has the guts to think outside the box. He invented the cube subwoofer, the tracking down converter power supply that allows his SS amps to produce insane power levels.

He is also an accomplished speaker designer and his new line source speakers look incredible. It’s sad when ignorant people besmirch a man who has for over 40 years been a leader and pioneer in audio.

You really want to judge a mans life work by describing him as a clown? Grow up... That’s extremely insulting not only to him, but to the many people the world over who have come to love this hobby by owning equipment he built and continues to build.