Internet Tuner

Hi,

Would anyone like to share their experience with either a dedicated internet tuner or a unit with a speaker & optical out that can serve double-duty as a stand alone or portable?
128x128jimspov
Hi milpai,

I have a Prima Luna Prologue 1 tube amp, a new pair of Vandersteen 1ci speakers, Zu Audio old stock speaker cable and inter-connects, a Cullen cable perfect plug, an old Pioneer CD changer, an HRT usb DAC that I occasionally plug into my computer, and a google cast music device which I haven't been able to put to good use.

I'll soon be acquiring a 2nd hand Pono player as well as the Blume.

Been on a roll the last few months. Speakers, cables are all new. Started when I purchased the CD changer 2nd hand $35 bucks.

Cool, Thanks for sharing Jim. Hope the bluMe turns out to be a boon in your system, the way it has been in mine. Do let me know how it goes.
Hi milpai,

What is the model# of your asus? Is it aptx compliant?

Will it work wirh iTues?

Jim
I've owned a Rocketfish Bluetooth receiver for perhaps a year now. I also tried out an Audioengine Bluetooth receiver. I gave back the Audioengine as for some reason in my application my Bluetooth sourced needed to be incredibly close- the Rocketfish is better in this regard. I use Tunein Radio to access internet radio stations. The sound is ok.

Lately, I went a different route. I use my MacBook Pro, go to Tunein Radio, and via USB, connect the laptop to my DAC (the Rocketfish is also connected to my DAC). I'm finding that the hard wired laptop to DAC method title better sound. Yet given a clean FM signal, my tuner is capable of more vivid sonics. 

Overall, I will use whichever source gives me static-free results. For instance, now I'm listening to Swiss Jazz, which in impossible for me to receive otherwise. But WBGO? I'm on the fringe of the reception area. Sometimes sounds ok on air, sometimes sounds miserable. Wish they broadcast from the WTC and at higher power. 
Jim,
My laptop is Asus S400C. The bluetooth is USB-BT400. I am sure it would work with iTunes as well. I am not sure if the laptop is aptx compliant. The Aruis is. But I like the flexibility that this configuration of laptop+Auris provides. Some of the songs that I play through Spotify or other apps are comparable to CD. No complaints from my side.