Adding a 2nd Sub to a 2 Channel System

I'm using a JL Audio E-110 sub in my system with Lawrence Violin SE stand mounted speakers. Since my Primaluna Integrated amp uses a dedicated mono RCA output, the speakers run full range and the sub is crossed over at 45hz per my Lawrence dealer's recommendation. Based on this configuration, is there any advantages of a 2nd sub by adding a Y connector and splitting the signal to 2 subs?
128x128ronrags
Al,

Thanks for the technical aspect of adding a 2nd sub. I didn't think of a possible impedance issue so I'll contact PL as suggested. 

Thanks, Ron

Additional subs will excite modes and contribute to a fuller sound and flatter response. A left and right signal will further benefit sound quality and lushness in these respects and in higher frequency bands depending on layout and recording.

I dont see high level speaker inputs on the back of that fathem. If it lacks them you can get speaker line to RCA adapters and wire a left and right. I have done that before. Although Im not familiar with that particular amp so you might want to double check specifically. Some amplifiers need to be grounded. Its safe with some while with some others its not. I recall encountering the hazard note that applied to hooking a sub to a particular tube amplifier while using speaker line outs. Although it might not apply with the adapter connection aforementioned. A neutrik was being utilized in the other situation.
Measurements would answer this question.

While, in theory, a second sub, assymetrically placed, would help, the benefit could be very small.

Bass Traps, and sub EQ (if not already there) are the first things to add. Then, if measurements suggest you still have important room modes to treat, a second sub.

Best,

Erik
Two subs will sound substantially better than one because you won't be able to localize where the bass is coming from.
@limniscate You can't localize a single sub either, when "properly integrated". I defy anyone to hear either my main speakers or my sub as distinct  sound sources. :)

Again, it's all about configuration, and configuring a sub is a major PITA. :)

Best,

Erik