Magnepan 20.7

I took the plunge and bought a pair of Magnepan 20.7's.
After having owned the AudioLab Electrostatics I wasn't sure that they could be as good.
Actually, they are a truly amazing pair of Loudspeakers. I can't say that they're better, but it is very close.
Moreover, the Magnepans are terrifically neutral and open sounding. My room is large, 24' high and very deep. I listen in near field--which is not to say that everyone should, it's just my preference. Doing that, I"m happy as a clam with these. Every reviewer who looks at these rather large speakers says, 'They don't have the bass slam that conventional speakers have'. While that may be true, it's not something I miss. I love the bass of these speakers, as it's tonally, very accurate, easily playing, lower notes of a bowed double bass. Voices, clear and solidly placed in three dimensional space.
Over all this is a Grade A loudspeaker. I'm using a 150 hybrid amplifier (integrated), and it handles the volumes I want just fine.
Highly reccommended to anyone in this price range.
Good listening, 
Larry
lrsky
Irsky, since you have a large room and would like more bass slam, add a pair of the old Magneplanar Tympani T-IV or T-IVa bass panels to your MG20.7's. There's nothing like Tympani bass!
I heard the old Tympani's more than 30 years ago. They were and are amazing. I completely agree that the bass they recreate is wonderful. In a way, one of my favorite aspects of the Maggies is their very tuneful bass.
Thanks for the response.

Wish I had a room that size.  The 20.7's are wonderful speakers.  Good to see you on Audiogon.

Bob, 
Thanks. I got trolled so many times I simply went away.
This post is hardly a review, just some comments. 
Yeah, my room: You walk into the house, look straight back through and there's a pool in a screened enclosure, with a huge lake behind it. It really is a Great Room.The speakers are so good. I really prefer near field listening, and for my taste, the Maggies have a perfect distance from the listener AND the rear wall. When you hit that 'sweet spot' it can be magic.
Thanks for the comment Bob.
Larry